We work with Autism Canada, Giant Steps School, MFA along with other organizations. Together with special consultants who specialize in Autism we observe your child and customize a program specifically for them.
– Sensory processing issues
Kids with sensory processing issues have trouble organizing information the brain receives from the senses.
– 5 traditional senses
Sight, smell, hearing, taste and touch
– Some kids with sensory processing issues avoid certain kinds of physical sensations whiles others seek them out
– Trouble with body awareness and balance can have a big impact on motor skills
We will work with our team of specialists to find your child’s triggers and help cope with them. Trouble with sensory processing does not mean a child is “difficult” or “overreacting” when provided with the right strategies, children can thrive.
ASD – Autism Spectrum Disorder
– Children with autism can enjoy some incredible benefits with trampoline therapy. There’s no frustration involved with the simple act of bouncing up and down – and it’s something they can enjoy just about any time.
We have a trampoline program for kids at our centers
Trampolines can Help Improve Sensory Skills
– Children with autism can be stressed and uncomfortable when sensory input becomes overwhelming.
– The physical up and down motion of the trampoline helps kids make a mind-body connection that aids in interpreting those signals better than other types of fidgeting or the comforting back and forth rocking that some children with autism display.
– The trampoline helps these children develop better balance skills, too. It feels fun and safe, so the child doesn’t feel at all pressured or overwhelmed.
– A fun bounce on a trampoline can help alleviate the stress and anxiety that often troubles kids with ASD.
– The bouncing channels that nervous energy away from the child’s body and relaxes their mind at the same time.